Enrolled students may apply for financial assistance for help with the cost of transport. Please ensure you have downloaded, saved and understood the 2023-24 Declaration for Financial Assistance before applying. The following guidelines apply:
- If the student's family are in receipt of means tested benefits with a household income of £25,000 or below, the student may be awarded a grant of up to 80% towards the cost of transport.
- If a student's household income is up to £25,000 per year, the student may be awarded a grant of up to 80% towards the cost of transport.
- Proof of household income and any benefits must accompany the application; without this you will not be eligible. The student must also live more than 2 miles walking distance from college (please use Google maps)
It may be possible to provide financial assistance towards course costs/materials. Please read the 2023-24 Declaration for Financial Assistance for further details.
Please be aware as detailed in the 2023-24 Declaration for Financial Assistance, funds are limited and cannot be guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first served basis.
Applications received after Friday 1 September 2023 may not be processed within our standard timescales. If you have applied and submitted the correct accompanying evidence, a member of staff will be in touch with further details within 20 working days.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IN THE FORM OF SCANNED PDF DOCUMENTS. IF USING AN ONLINE ACCOUNT PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND SAVE STATEMENTS AS PDF DOCUMENTS. SCREENSHOTS SAVED AS IMAGES OR PDFS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. FOR HELP WITH SCANNING EVIDENCE PLEASE SEE HERE.
- ALL PAGES of your household's Tax Credit award notice (TC602) dated 2023.
- THREE most recent Universal Credit statements each showing the net monthly earnings/ take home (e.g. if applying in June 2023 the three most recent statements will be March, April and May 2023). These must be downloaded statements detailing entitlements, take-home pay etc. and not just the monthly payment amount. Please submit joint UC accounts or if there are two parents/guardians their own individual statements.
- An income assessed benefit letter dated within the past three months AND a current bank statement indicating the benefit payment (please highlight the relevant payment where possible). For example; Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support and Employment and Support Allowance. Income assessed benefits do not include; Personal Independence payment (PIP), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Child Benefit and Carers Allowance.
- If not eligible for one of the above you must provide a recent Council Tax Bill (or Tenancy Agreement) AND three months wage slips AND a recent P60 for each adult in the household. If self-employed and not eligible for a P60; please provide an accountants letter stating projected earnings for 2023-24 OR all pages of your HMRC SA302 certificate for the tax year ending 5 April 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online Travel Bursary application form.
- Email email@example.com with the required accompanying evidence and where applicable request further details on how to apply for the college-run coach.
- Receive email confirmation from the bursary and transport team with further details on what to do next. Please ensure to check your email's spam/clutter folder for communication regarding your application.