2020-21 Free School Meals
NB The Local Authority assesses the Free School Meal applications and will alert The Henley College with either an acceptance or a decline in the application. Students will be notified via their college email address of the outcome.
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
We are not allowed to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
All applications must provide scanned PDF copies of one of the following:
For help with scanning evidence please visit: https://www.henleycol.ac.uk/support/bursary-fund/
Please note: proof of benefit cannot be demonstrated by bank statements
- Income Support - letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application showing breakdown of income support payment.
- Income Based Employment & Support Allowance - letter from DWP/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application.
- Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit and 'annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue' of below the threshold figure for the year) - All pages of the TC602 Inland Revenue tax credit award notice for the current tax year.
- State pension credit - Pension Credit M1000 Award Notice.
Asylum seekers will need to provide a National Asylum and Support Service (NASS) support notice or IS96 document including details of authority providing support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. You will be required to supply:
- NASS reference number
- Port reference number
- Name of authority