Emotional Support Helplines and Websites

Rape crisis and sexual abuse support services


NSPCC Report Abuse in an Education Setting Helpline

Telephone: 0800136 663

Email: help@nspcc.org.uk

In an emergency call 999

This helpline is available to support you if you are experiencing unwanted sexual behaviour or abuse at College, or if you have experienced abuse at a previous school or college in the past. The NSPCC is there for you if you're worried about something you've seen, if you're concerned for your child, or a professional looking for advice.


New Pathways

Telephone: 01685 379 310

Website: www.newpathways.org.uk

New Pathways is a registered charitable company that provides a range of specialist counselling and advocacy services for women, men, children and young people who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse. Find out more and access their resources


Counselling and Support Helplines

If you are finding it hard to cope and want to speak to someone who isn't a friend, family member or a teacher, then you can contact any of the below organisations. They can offer you help and advice, but most importantly they are there to listen to you if you need to talk.

The Mix

Telephone: 0808 808 4994 (11am-11pm, free to call)
Email: Helpline email form
Crisis Support: Text 'THEMIX' to 85258.
Website: www.themix.org.uk/get-support

The Mix provides judgement-free information and support to young people aged 13-25 on a range of issues including mental health problems. Young people can access The Mix's support via phone, email, webchat, peer to peer and counselling services.


Telephone: 0800 0502020 (FREEPHONE - Lines are open 9:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday)

Website: www.stonewall.org.uk/

Information and support for LGBT communities and their allies. 


Telephone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, free to call)
Email: jo@samaritans.org
Website: https://www.samaritans.org

Provides confidential, non-judgemental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face.


Telephone: 0800 1111
Website: www.childline.org.uk

ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor for free about anything - no problem is too big or too small. 

Mind Infoline

Telephone: 0300 123 3393 (9am-6pm Monday to Friday) or text 86463
Email: info@mind.org.uk
Website: www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines

Mind provides confidential mental health information services.

With support and understanding, Mind enables people to make informed choices. The Infoline gives information on types of mental health problems, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy. Mind works in partnership with around 140 local Minds providing local mental health services.

Rehab Clinics Group

Telephone: 03301 596 494

Website: rehabclinicsgroup.com

A Student Guide to Managing Mental Health During Covid-19 > CLICK HERE 

Rethink Mental Illness Advice Line

Telephone: 0300 5000 927 (9.30am - 4pm Monday to Friday)
Email: advice@rethink.org
Website: http://www.rethink.org/about-us/our-mental-health-advice

Provides expert advice and information to people with mental health problems and those who care for them, as well as giving help to health professionals, employers and staff. Rethink also runs Rethink services and groups across England.


Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (4:30pm-10:30pm)
Website: www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline

Saneline is a national mental health helpline providing information and support to people with mental health problems and those who support them.

Side by Side

Website: https://sidebyside.mind.org.uk/about

Side by Side is an online community where you can listen, share and be heard. Side by Side is run by Mind. 


Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help.

Text: 85258
Website: https://www.giveusashout.org/


Carers Direct and Carers Trust

If you're a carer needing support you can contact all of the above as well as Carers Direct and the Carers Trust, both of whom are able to provide support and advice on any issues affecting you.


ESF logo
National Centre for Diversity Top  100 2016
ESFA logo
Ofsted Good Logo