APPLICATIONS FOR THE TRAVEL BURSARY, FSMS AND THE VULNERABLE BURSARY FOR THE 2020-21 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM JUNE 2020.
The College 16-19 Discretionary Bursary Fund 2019-20. Enrolled students may apply for financial assistance for help with the cost of transport. The following guidelines apply:
- If the student's family are in receipt of means tested benefits or on a household income up to £25,000 per year, the student may be awarded a grant of up to 80% towards the cost of transport.
- Proof of household income and any benefits must accompany the application; without this you will not be eligible.
Free School Meals
Were you entitled to Free School Meals (FSMs) at school? If so, you may be entitled to Free Meals whilst studying at college.
Students aged 16-18 at the start of their course (or aged 19-25 with an EHCP) and live in a household in receipt of the benefits listed below. A cashless system will be operating and your canteen account will be credited. Free College Meal application forms are available to download below.
To apply you must provide a photocopy of one of the following documents with the application; without these documents your application will not be considered.
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with no element of Working Tax Credit and a household gross income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The 16-19 Guaranteed Bursary Fund is a £1200 grant for students who may have difficulties in completing their course because of financial considerations.
To be eligible for financial assistance from the 16-19 Guaranteed Bursary Fund you must be an enrolled student as defined by the College.
Guaranteed bursaries will be awarded provided you meet one of the following criteria:
- Young person in care
- Care leaver
- Young person in receipt of income support
- Disabled young person in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance who are also in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments
Applicants will be required to show proof of current benefit payments. For students in care or who are a care leaver, written confirmation of the applicant's current status will be required from the relevant local authority.
If a student who has received financial assistance leaves before the completion of their course, they will be required to repay all or part of their grant.