We are delighted to confirm that The Henley College has successfully secured funding from the Department for Education to enable us to develop specialist facilities for the new T Level qualifications we will be offering from September 2022.
The first T Level to be offered by the College in September 2022 will be T Level Health, a 2-year programme during which students develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of health occupations. The College will now put in place plans to install a new mini-hospital ward and observation room, in preparation for start of the new qualification.
From September 2023, the College will be extending our offering to include T Levels in Engineering, IT and Business. We will be beginning a range of marketing this term to promote the T Levels and provide further information about this new qualification to our feeder schools and prospective students.
What are T Levels?
T Levels are high quality technical courses designed with employers, to give young people the skills that industries need, and for them to thrive in the workplace.
Equivalent to 3 A levels, T Levels can be studied following GCSEs and they last for 2 years.
80% of the course is studied in College, gaining industry specific skills and knowledge, and the remaining 20% of the course is an industry placement, putting into practice the knowledge and technical skills learnt in the classroom. On completion, students receive a nationally recognised qualification and will be prepared for future progression routes that include skilled employment, higher level apprenticeships or higher education.