Your personal tutor, whom you will meet at the start of term, is likely to be your first point of contact for most things. This may range from answering questions as you settle into life at College, to providing guidance and support with your university or employment applications. They will also monitor your progress, attendance and communicate with your parents. You will meet for group tutorial once a week, where a wide range of relevant information and topics will be shared and explored. Your personal tutor will get to know you well and support you in all aspects of your College experience.
Your tutor will:
- help you to settle into College through our Welcome Programme
- help you to design your programme of study to include structured research
- help you to plan your work and meet deadlines
- monitor your progress and help you to set targets
- monitor your attendance closely and inform parents if there is a problem
- refer you to specialist advice where necessary, such as careers
- help you to make applications to higher education or employment
- advise your parents about your progress through reports and parents’ evenings.