Academic Enrichment – Most Able Students
Our Academic Enrichment Programme is designed to support those students with the potential of achieving high grades at A Level. The focus is on helping them prepare for their applications for highly competitive degree courses at Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group universities and for the high level Apprenticeship interviews. Opportunities include being part of an Academic Enrichment Group where students will have the chance to stretch and challenge, to develop the skills needed to prepare for these universities and interviews. There will also be:
- Dedicated tutor group for those students seeking a career in Medical Science
- Extended Project (see page 16)
- Advanced Extension/STEP papers in certain subjects
- University application support from an experienced Oxbridge tutor
- Preparation for admissions tests (e.g. LNAT for law, BMAT for medicine)
- A range of inspirational talks and visits
- Work placements for medical and veterinary applicants
- Opportunities to attend off-site programmes including Eton Summer School and Villiers Park
The Academic Enrichment is open to all students; we offer support to talented arts, music, drama and sports students to develop their talent and fulfil their potential. The most able students will be identified at enrolment based on their final results (normally a points score of at least 63 in 9 GCSEs), a strong school reference and a successful interview. Students will also be referred to the Academic Enrichment Co-ordinator if they excel once they start at the College.
'The College's programme for gifted and talented students is successful
in motivating more able students.'