Academic Enrichment – Most Able Students
Our Academic Enrichment Programme is designed to support those students with the potential of achieving high grades at A Level and Vocational Diploma. The focus is on helping them prepare for their applications for highly competitive degree courses at Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group Universities. There are also opportunities for students preparing for high level Apprenticeships to practice their interview skills.
The individual elements of the Academic Enrichment package are open to all students. Students are identified based on their GCSE results, recommendations from school and referrals from the teaching staff at the College. Day-to -day Teaching The teachers at The Henley College are subject experts and the ethos here is about stretching and challenging each individual student, regardless of prior ability. You will experience and benefit from a wide variety of learning materials and assessment methods, as well as be encouraged to undertake wider reading and independent study.
As well as help with developing interview skills there will also be:
- Dedicated tutor groups for those students seeking a career in the Sciences (including medicine and veterinary surgery).
- Extended Project
- Advanced Extension/STEP papers in the relevant subjects.
- Preparation for admissions tests, e.g. LNAT for Law, BMAT for medicine.
- A range of inspirational talks and visits.
- Help with the arrangement of work placements for medical and veterinary applicants.
- Opportunities to attend off-site programmes including Eton Summer
School and Villiers Park.
- Support to achieve potential in talented arts such as music, drama and sport.
'The College's programme for gifted and talented students is successful
in motivating more able students.'