Gifted and Talented
Our Gifted and Talented Academy is designed to support our most academic students, with an emphasis on helping them prepare their applications for highly competitive degree courses and Oxford, Cambridge and Russell Group universities.
- Confidence coaching
- Interview practice
- Mentoring experience
- Dedicated tutor groups
- Extended Project
- Advanced Extension/STEP papers in certain subjects
- University application support from an experienced Oxbridge tutor
- Preparation for admissions tests (e.g. LNAT for law, BMAT for medicine)
- A range of inspirational talks and visits
- Work placements for medical and veterinary applicants
- Opportunities to attend off-site programmes
We also support talented arts, music, drama and sports students to develop their talent and fulfil their potential.
Eligible gifted and talented students will be identified at enrolment based on their final results (normally includes an entry points score of at least 58), a strong school reference and a successful interview.
'The College's programme for gifted and talented students is successful
in motivating more able students.'