Travel & Tourism
Travel and Tourism at Henley
Travel and Tourism courses at The Henley College offer students the opportunity to participate in a practical way, through visits and assignment work, in the real world of travel and tourism.
We offer both day and residential activities in the UK and abroad. Students are able to gain first hand experience, developing skills by putting knowledge into practice, working with local schools, community and local business.
Examples of projects and visits are:
- Visit to New York as part of the Worldwide Travel Destinations course component.
- Visit to Barcelona to gain first-hand experience of customer service and business systems.
- Organising a quiz for charity at a local pub as an exercise in team-working, planning and evaluation.
- Helping to organise the Leavers 'Prom' at a local partner school.
- A cycling and camping trip, as well as day paintballing, as key features of the Outdoor Activities module.
- Sports Coaching which has involved students in organising sports activities for local children at schools and in the Henley Youth Festival.
- Visit to the Spectrum Leisure Complex at Guildford, the UK's biggest leisure centre, to give students an insight into modern trends in leisure management (as well as an opportunity to skate and swim!)
- A day spent on airline cabin crew training.
For more pictures of our activities see our Visits page!