WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN OFFERING A YOUNG PERSON WORK EXPERIENCE WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION?
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are working preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months.
- Work preparation training
- English, Maths and ICT support if required via Functional Skills qualifications
- L1 Award in Employability Skills
- Other courses relevant to business area such as Paediatric First Aid or Food Safety
BUSINESS AREAS COVERED:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Hairdressing and Barbering
- Hospitality and Catering
WHAT YOUR BUSINESS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE.
Your company will need to provide a high quality work experience placement for the trainee, lasting anything from six weeks to a maximum of five months.
WHAT DO PLACEMENTS HAVE TO INCLUDE?
- They need to provide real workplace experience
- Have a structured opportunity for the trainee where they engage in purposeful work related to learning activities rather than observation
- Be long enough to allow the trainee to develop and learn new skills
- Offer an interview for a position within the business if one is available or...
- Offer an exit interview together with a reference to help the trainee to secure an Apprenticeship or other employment with another employer
HOW DO TRAINEESHIPS BENEFIT YOU?
- Allows you to bring enthusiastic young people with fresh ideas into your business before they get on the job ladder
- Working with trainees will give established staff members the chance to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching young people
- If you decide to offer an Apprenticeship to the trainee you could be eligible for an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of £1500
ARE THERE FINANCIAL COSTS?
All training costs are met by Government funding. Employers are not required to pay the trainees but are encouraged to assist with expenses such as travel.
If you feel you could support a young person or would be interested in finding out more please call Sarah Rush by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01491 634167.