Current Apprenticeship Vacancies for IT are listed below.
To apply click the 'Apply Now' link under the vacancy description.
Position: ICT Apprentice
You will be assisting the maintenance of the school's ICT installation and services. To maintain and improve the ICT provision for students, teachers and the management and administrative function of the organisation.
During your apprenticeship you will be:
- Supporting classroom staff in using ICT
- Supporting the operation of computers, peripherals and software in classrooms and across the network
- Configuring items of equipment, including building workstations for use on a network; assisting with the maintenance of a library of drivers and configuration files
- Attaching security marking to equipment. Audit ICT equipment across the school and compile an asset register for computer equipment
- Regulate the internet sites available on the network
- Unpack and install ICT equipment such as new computers and peripherals, and enter all new equipment into an asset register
- Check and re-fit printer toner and cartridges and carry out periodic printer maintenance such as head cleaning and alignment
- Install updates, archive Data, assist with data export for school administration systems
- Diagnose and remedy faults in PCs and peripheral equipment. Report persistent faults to ICT Manager/ICT Technician and liaise with help desk or suppliers in fixing faults that do not require a site visit
- Provide Audio Visual support for classrooms and halls
- Encryption and antivirus updates and checks
- Liaise with suppliers, getting quotes and raising orders
- Maintain a log of tasks undertaken
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the schools health and safety policy and any school specific procedures/rules that apply to this role.
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and confidently after training
- Close attention to detail
- Customer service drive and therefore a good communicator
- Team player
- IT hardware and software skills
- IT networking skills
Future prospects: There is potential for the right candidate to grow with the company and become a permanent member of the team.
- GCSE Maths and English (grade C or above)
- Microsoft Excel confidence at an intermediate level
- An understanding of installing and testing software, maintaining equipment, installing updates and building applications
- Familiarity with using the internet
- Awareness of Health and Safety
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Qualification: Intermediate Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional
Salary: £131.25 per week