- Ability to communicate well and to record and pass on other information accurately.
- A high expectation of all children and an ability to foster and enrich children’s play and learning, individually and when children are in groups.
- A friendly, helpful, caring and flexible approach, showing open-mindedness and patience with children, parents and other staff.
- Suitability both mentally and physically, to care for children.
- To be punctual and well presented.
- Understanding and acceptance of the nursery aims and policies.
- Ability to plan and implement the EYFS curriculum and daily plans both indoors and outdoors.
- Prior experience of interacting with children.
- Possess good numeracy and literacy skills and to be confident in using information and communication technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and content of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to put them into practise.
- A knowledge of current guidance on health and safety, safeguarding and promoting the well being of children.
- A current paediatric first aid qualification.
Future prospects: There may be an opportunity to progress on to an Advanced Apprenticeship upon successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship.