Work at Henley
The following vacancies are open for application to The Henley College:
The HENLEY College is a leading provider of high quality modern sixth form education in Oxfordshire. We also offer a responsive expanding range of targeted training for adults and employers.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to celebrating diversity.
Staff training and development policy
Staff training and development is a process of continuing professional growth. At its heart are the professional, personal and career needs of all college staff.
The College is committed to balancing individual staff needs with College, community and national needs. The overall aim is to enable the College to be responsive in meeting new initiatives and challenges as identified by the government, college plan, appraisal and review processes. The intention is for the College to be a more reflective, self-improving organisation. The staff training and development operates within budget constraints and is subject to review with an annual report to the Governing Body of the College.
- Access to, and equal opportunities for staff training and development;
- An induction programme on joining the College or on taking up a new role in the College;
- Support for teacher training leading to a formal teacher qualification;
- A regular and negotiated review of individual needs through the college's Appraisal Scheme.
Staff roles and responsibilities
Each member of staff has a responsibility for their own self-development and for maintaining their continuous professional development.
The Principal in consultation with the Director of HR and Professional Development has overall responsibility for the college staff training and development policy and for ensuring that college priorities and targets are met in line with college strategic and operational plans
The Director of HR and Professional Development is responsible for the management of the college staff training and development function ensuring coherence.
Heads of School of Study and Section Leaders are responsible for:
- Identifying needs in relation to college strategic and operational objectives
- Identifying individual staff needs through appraisal
- Contributing to the annual staff training and development plan
- Evaluating the outcomes of long and short staff training and development courses.
Staff Training and Development
Author: Director of HR and Professional Development (BRIC): August 2002
Last review date: July 2015
Pension and Benefits
Teachers' Pensions (TP) for lecturing staff and the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for support staff, are pension funds to which both the employer and employee contribute. The HENLEY College staff are eligible to join the appropriate scheme from the first date of employment. For further details contact Personnel on 01491 634056.